Sponsor COVID Relief Medical Fund for Poor Rural Families (Mann Deshi)
Mann Deshi Foundation
The aim of the Mann Deshi Mahila Sahakari Bank was to address a lack of access to formal financial institutions and be a safe space for rural women to save their money. The Mann Deshi Foundation supports the bank by addressing needs beyond financing. We work on building business skills and facilitating market access for women entrepreneurs as well as their communities. Today, we work in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka.
Mann Deshi Foundation is seeking immediate support for a medical fund to support 1000+ rural families in Satara district, Maharashtra to receive Covid Treatment. This fund will support poor rural families in Satara district receive COVID treatment including costs for nutritious food, tests, medicines and any other hospitalisation or medical expenses.Currently large numbers of rural families are not choosing to go to get tested or seek treatment until it is too late because they fear they cannot afford the medical expenses.
Satara district has over 100,000 COVID positive patients, with 2500+ people testing positive every day. These numbers are rising rapidly. We need to provide them immediate medical information and support to avoid delayed treatment and tragic deaths.
Immediate relief work (already completed)
- Provided food relief for 20,000 families
- Partnered with the District Collector of Satara to provide 5000 PPE kits,
2000 N-95 Masks, and 2060 litres of sanitiser
- Provided 28 Philips ventilators for Satara Jumbo Hospital
- Provided 30 oxygen cylinders for Mayani hospital
- Facilitated a public-private partnership to bring health care to remote communities by completely refurbishing and setting up a local rural hospital in rural Gondhawale Khurd. This facility now has 4 High Flow Oxygen Concentrators, 44 oxygen cylinders, 22 oxygen beds, a CR system, monitors, an oxygen pipeline and an X Ray machine
- Supported COVID -19 relief efforts of panchayats, ASHA and Anganwadi workers in Mann taluka by providing them masks, essential safety equipment and counselling support
- Relayed the latest information on COVID relief measures, safety information and essential services through our radio which reached 100,000 people
- Ensured continued banking services across all our 8 branches
Satara , Maharashtra
1000+ rural families in Satara district
INR 1500000 (INR Fifteen lakh / USD $20000)
All donations are tax-deductible under the 12A 80G
Mann Deshi Foundation is a registered under FCRA in India