Help 500 community leaders to support 100,000 households through COVID-19 (comMutiny +vartaLeap)
ComMutiny – The Youth Collective and vartaLeap Coalition
ComMutiny and vartaLeap have nurtured an ecosystem of over 200+ youth engaging individuals and organisations in 21 states, from civil society, government, media, academia, UN agencies, corporate and government representatives. Together we are creating a movement towards mainstreaming youth-centric development.
In the past year, we collectively impacted 50,000+ households, 250,000+ people with relief responses through critical care, medical aid, and food security across various districts in nine states. Learn more about our COVID Response here.
During the second wave, our community leaders have begun their outreach and will impact 100,000 + families and 1,000,000+ people (numbers increasing everyday) in the most marginalized and vulnerable communities in 64 locations in 15 states. We urgently need support in the following areas to meet our goal:
A. Relief Measures:
1. Medical services and supplies – oxygen support, oximeters, ambulance services, medicines,
isolation facilities and more
2. Distribution of COVID Care Kits, PPE kits
3. Ration Kits – Food security for COVID infected families and ones facing loss of livelihoods
B. Recovery through Self and Social Wellbeing:
- Online Group intervention: Support in neutralising feelings by switching them into positive energy through group engagements, interactions, and intergenerational dialogues.
- Wellbeing Together: A national campaign to celebrate the leadership of young people in responding to the COVID-19 crisis and their efforts to build collective wellbeing by bringing together stories of hope and gratitude.
- Assam (Jorhat, Golaghat, Morigaon, Dhemaji, Darrang, Chirang, Bongaigaon, Kamrup, Ribhoi, Kamrukh)
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Bihar (Patna, Purina, Kaimur, Vaishali, Gopalganj, Mujafferpur, Sitamadhi, Saharsa, Gaya, Shehor)
- Delhi (all districts)
- Gujarat (Ahmedabad, Sabarkantha, Kutch, Mahesana, Sabarkantha)
- Jharkhand (East Singhbum)
- Madhya Pradesh (Indore, Harda, Khandwa, Hoshangabad, Seoni, Shivpuri, Bhopal, Rajgarh)
- Maharasthra (Mumbai)
- Manipur (Kangpokpai)
- Nagaland (Dimapur)
- Rajasthan (Udaipur, Jaipur)
- Tamil Nadu (Vellore)
- Telengana (Hyderabad)
- Uttar Pradesh (Lucknow, Jaunpur, Faizabad-Ayodhya, Chitrakoot, Banda, Varanasi)
- West Bengal (Kolkata)
Working towards reaching 100,000 + families | 1,000,000 + people
Communities we are working with – Rural, urban, migrant labour, sex workers, LGBTQI community, tea garden workers, tribals, Dalits, adolescent girls, women and children.
All donations are tax-deductible under the 12A 80G
Registered under FCRA in India
Masks and sanitizers for community health workers